Jul 16, 2009

On the Road in Southern Togo


Here are some photographs taken in August 2007 in Togo (mostly from the car) on the journey from Lomé to Kpalime, Atakpame and to Abomey, Benin. I put them together as a slideshow. The roads that looked like bad roads turned out to be quite good ones in retrospect. It was the end of the rainy season, and we took a little road we had found on the map to get to Abomey more quickly- it was a journey of approximately 70 kilometers and took us about 11 hours, driving into ditches and being pushed and pulled out again by some more or less friendly people assembled around the holes in the roads or driving the same road. Two brothers on their Mofa on the way to Abomey were a big help to us, also showing us the way. I do not have any pictures of that night. Although we actually passed the border, we did never come by a border official.



One of the persons in that nearly fully laden van on the last picture yelled at me, whether I was going to make big money by selling the picture I had made in Europe. Well, I did not, obviously.
You will love me for not commenting further on the pictures and for having chosen not to add an audio-track with "African Music".

No comments:

Post a Comment